Do your clients ask you to attach your resources' signed timesheets to the invoices you sent them? Or do you just want to make sure the invoices you send are compliant with the times validated by your clients? Therefore, this new feature will be useful for you! From now on, you'll be able to:
- Indicate the projects you might need to have signed timesheets for
- Identify the missing signed timesheets
- Prevent from invoicing via PostProduction if the signed timesheet is missing
- Attach the signed timesheets to your invoices
BoondManager guides you from your project creation to its billing.
To go further, you might already be using Emailing allowing you to bulk send your invoices. This tutorial will guide you through the following steps: settings, following up on the missing signed timesheets and attaching them to your invoices.
To be able to follow this part, make sure you have the Administrator rights. Or ask your administrator to manage this part and resume as from part 2.
General settings of the order
Administrator > Legal Agencies > your legal agency > Billing tab
From the Administrator interface, go to the Billing tab of your legal agency. At the bottom of the page, you'll find the following elements:
- This box allows you to make sure that the signed timesheet has been attached to the relevant timesheet (right resource and right project).
- On the timesheet : a warning message indicates that a signed document has to be attached
- On PostProduction : an icon lets you know whether the signed timesheet has been attached
- This box allows you to prevent from issuing invoices (from PostProduction) if ever the signed timesheet is missing, this way you can try and reduce billing errors
- This box allows you to automatically attach the signed timesheet to the invoice.
The signed timesheet will be generated as an additional PDF.
To activate the 2nd box, the 1st one has to be activated.
You can decide to attach the signed timesheet to your invoice, without any follow-up or without blocking billing if the signed document is missing. To do so, just check the box 3.
Reminder : we're speaking about global settings of the orders here. But afterwards, each order can be customised based on your different clients' instructions.
As indicated in the previous part, each order can be customised depending on your clients instructions. Therefore, from each order, you'll be able to indicate whether you need to attach signed timesheets to the invoice.
To do so, go to the Projets module > Your projet > Billing tab > Order
Once your order has been qualified, it's up to your resource to attached his/her signed document to his/her timesheet. To do so, he/she is going to add his/her times as usual and save. This is when your resource will see a message displayed on the screen, mentioning that a signed document has to be attached on the project.
Then, your resource needs to download his/her "Client" version timesheet and select the right project to only have the relevant data.
Once this has been done, your resource prints his/her timesheet, gets his/her client to sign it and finally attach it to his/her timesheet in BoondManager.
- Here, the tool has recognised that the attachment corresponds to the signed timesheet linked to the project
- If the resource has several ongoing projects at the same time, the tool won't be able to link the signed document to the right project. In this case, you'll need to choose the relevant project in the dropdown list.
Your resource now just needs to validate his/her timesheet as usual.
When creating and configuring the client order, if you've ticked the boxes for you to make sure that the signed document has been attached (cf part 1), you'll be able to follow up on the following elements.
On the Postproduction app
1. Following-up on signed documents:
The caption at the bottom of the page indicates that the signed document is missing on the project. Therefore, you can click on the arrow to consult the details and find out which resource you have to chase up.
Reminder, you can directly click on the timesheet validation icon in order to be redirected to the document.
2. Prevent from invoicing on Postproduction when the signed document is missing :
Here the button to generate the invoice is greyed as it has been configured in a way to prevent from invoicing on PostProduction if the signed document is missing on the resource's timesheet.
This way, if you try and bulk generate your invoices, this invoice won't be generated either.
However, if you do wish to generate your invoice (without having the signed document), you can directly open the client order and manually create the invoice.
Result on the invoice
Once your invoice has been generated in BoondManager, you have the option to download it as a PDF on its own or to export it with the attached document : meaning the signed timesheet.
The main document is the invoice and the attachment is the signed document.
When you export the documents + attachments, you'll find a ZIP file in your download center with all of the documents.
You just need to click on the shortcut link to be redirected to the download centre (if the shortcut link has gone, click on your name at the top right hand corner to access your download centre).
Sending the invoices with signed documents attached
From BoondManager, you can directly send your invoices with the signed timesheets attached. To do so, you can use the Emailing app which allows you to send in bulk or individually the invoices.
In the Billing module, use the necessary filters to view the invoices you're interested in and select the ones you'd like to send. Then click on the Emailing icon and follow the workflow.
After clicking on continue, you'll see the list of recipients, you can select up to 3 email addresses per company (that you have keyed in beforehand in the billing details).
Finally, you just need to select the template you'd like to use and click on send!
We hope that this tutorial has been of any help and we invite you to let us know by voting in the dedicated section below.
If you still have other questions, feel free to get in touch with our Support team :